I used to think that life would be so much better when I grew up and didn't have to go to school anymore. Now that I work full time and have no reason to be in school.. I want to get back to the days when all I did was drop my backpack at the door at the end of a long school day just to grab a soccer ball to go out and play.
It was super nice this weekend and instead of my knee getting sore from working out or from kicking the soccer ball around, my knee got sore from climbing up and down several flights of stairs carrying boxes, bags, brooms, bedding, & more... (couldn't think of another 'b' word to keep the trend going). MOVING STINKS!!
But getting back to the original thought... its nice to be carefree as a child and not have to worry about bills or payment plans or being in debt. There's also a point that you get to in your life where you can no longer skate on the coat tails of your parents and actually have to venture out on your own to learn what it means to be an "adult." I wish that everyone who turned 18 years old truly understood what it means to be an adult and to be responsible for your own future. I wish I didn't have to work a full time job. I wish I didn't have to sit at a computer all day while it was sunny and warm outside. I wish I could spend time travelling around the world and seeing all sorts of cultures. But, the reality is that I have debt just like 97% of all Americans have debt (that's my own estimate and is in no way 100% accurate). In order to eliminate that I have to work. Working is a means to an end.... that end being freedom from financial oppression. The good thing is that, if you dicipline yourself and live according to your means... this freedom will come sooner or later. I am on that path and the light is coming at the end of the tunnel. HOORAY!! NO MORE DEBT! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment